A Month on the Styx: October 2013
What I’ve been playing
- GTA V: Finished story mode after about 45 hours play time. The campaign is an epic feat of storytelling. I was fairly skeptical going in, but Rockstar nailed it. Some aspects of the game I thought could be improved but overall it’s an amazing game. 9/10.
- Dishonored: Only 5 or so hours in so far. Liking this a lot. TBD/10.
- Super Meat Boy: This game is so hard but I love the sheer simplicity of it. Music and artwork are terrific too. 8/10.
What I’ve been eating
What I’ve been watching
- Toy Story (1995): Fun, but different to what I remember. Was interesting to get all the jokes meant for adults I didn’t get as a kid. 6/10.
- Carlito’s Way (1993): Al Pacino crime drama set in 70’s NYC? Yasssss. 8/10.
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (2013): It’s breaking my heart but I’m not really liking Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. at all. It has a strange soap opera vibe to it and all the characters are tacky overused archetypes. I had a strong urge to punch my TV at various points in the fifth episode. 5/10.
- Adventure Time Season 2: Batshit insane as ever. Love this to death. 10/10.
- The Incredible Hulk (2008): Meh. Wasn’t really a fan. 5/10.
- Moneyball (2011): I liked the movie, was definitely well made but a lot of it was lost on me considering I know absolutely nothing about baseball (apparently it’s the one with the bats that isn’t cricket?). 6/10.
What I’ve been doing & upcoming projects
Posted by crimsonbinome22 on October 27, 2013